[ietf83-tech] Hotel Wifi sucks on ieft-hotel

Bill Fenner fenner at fenron.com
Fri Mar 23 13:54:06 PDT 2012

FYI, the results of our efforts:

SW-IDF-5NT#show sdm prefer
 The current template is "desktop IPv4 and IPv6 vlan" template.
SW-IDF-5NT2#show sdm prefer
 The current template is "desktop IPv4 and IPv6 vlan" template.
SW-IDF-5PC#show sdm prefer
 The current template is "desktop IPv4 and IPv6 vlan" template.
SW-IDF-5PT#show sdm prefer
 The current template is "desktop IPv4 and IPv6 vlan" template.
SW-TERM#show sdm prefer
 The current template is "desktop IPv4 and IPv6 vlan" template.
core-sw#show sdm prefer
 The current template is "desktop IPv4 and IPv6 vlan" template.
sw-IDF-5NM#show sdm prefer
 The current template is "desktop IPv4 and IPv6 vlan" template.
sw-IDF-5PM#show sdm prefer
 The current template is "desktop IPv4 and IPv6 vlan" template.
sw-noc#show sdm prefer
 The current template is "desktop IPv4 and IPv6 vlan" template.

I thought it was important to move off of the "... routing" template,
which only has room for 1.5k MAC addresses.  With 3 being a not-unusal
number of devices-per-attendee, and people like Joel and David Kessens
around, 1.5k would be pushing it.  We would *probably* be fine, but it
felt like not enough headroom.

  Bill