[ietf83-tech] Fwd: TV/Internet setup for IETF

Joel jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Tue Mar 27 17:43:51 PDT 2012

On 3/27/12 19:32 , Michal Krsek wrote:
> Seems to me we may ask people who negotiate the venue to prearrange
> possibility of taking over the main hotel network in case of poor
> performance/failure.

If you make it a requirement some venue negotiations (like taiwan will
fail outright) there is unfortunately no good way to tell a hotel that
their IT infrastructure is total shit and you're going to show up and
bulldoze it into a hole, without either writing a huge check, or being
the secret service.

> In most cases the NOC team can take over their networks in case of
> failure, but most time is spent waiting for someone to come or make
> decision.

it requires that senior management be engaged, meeting planners and it
people simply don't have the authority to tear appart the hotel on
behalf of a customer.