[ietf83-tech] IETF83 VMS goinghome

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Sat Mar 31 08:09:19 PDT 2012

On Sat, 31 Mar 2012, Bill Jensen wrote:

> Good work, bz!

and I should also mention big thanks to Verilan for bein patient not
unplugging me while copying things around and leaving the important
stuff up and running till I was done.

> I noted where you parked cacti and rancid cron activities.  I just
> unchecked the poller "enabled" checkbox under cacti settings.  Not sure
> if this is a redundant move but I just wanted to be sure.  Also, I am
> not sure where to look to disable netdisco activities.  I likely do and
> took care of this.  We wouldn't like data to start disappearing.

Billo disbaled all the cronjobs, I had done rc.conf.  And we still
have the tarballs so while the systems keep running the shutdown state
is archived as well.

> We probably should refer to these hosts as something like
> ietf83-<host>-post as opposed to ietf84-<host>-pre VMs since (in the
> past) -pre machines are the cleaned up and initialized VMs for their
> upcoming meeting and -post VMs have the data at the finish of the
> meeting they represent.  Not that this couldn't change in the future.

If you want the archived data, I called the tarballs "goinghome".

Whatever happens on the live machines on Jim's will be for Vancouver.
After the meeting is before the meeting and I have started already to
prepare initial things.

Enjoy Pays-Bas!   It seems the world and the internet hasn't ended
yet;)

/bz

--
          Stop bit received. Insert coin for new address family.