[ietf83-tech] Hotel Wifi?

Bjoern A. Zeeb bz at zabbadoz.net
Fri Mar 23 14:48:03 PDT 2012

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Mar 2012, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
>
>> Is there anything you want me to try or can you reproduce?  It's a bit
>
> I'll not try that again.  Chelliot and Fenner are rebooting things
> which seems to have hit Karen and I, so we shall hopefully be good
> again in an hour.

Ok, 8-10% packet loss pre-meeting to first hop; so I guess as it's
almost as consistent as with the hotel SSID (which was slightly worse
the other day), I almost fear we might want the wifi adjustments or
the wired connections as well or in case there are tranparent middle
boxes them out of the way.

I tested both IPv4 and IPv6 link-local to the Juniper with remarkably
similar results when run at the the same time.

..  While I had written this a while ago the packet loss seems to be
not as bad anymore now as it's getting later but
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 1.852/24.096/216.910/33.408 ms
is still pretty extreme.   I'll stop here and defer to the wifi
experts.

/bz

--
          Stop bit received. Insert coin for new address family.