[ietf83-tech] CDN optimisation for IETF prefixes

Michal Krsek michal at krsek.cz
Sat Mar 24 02:20:51 PDT 2012

Hi,
just confirmed we are getting content from good locations close to us
(Frankfurt for Akamai and Paris for LimeLight). Just been aware if we
will be not being served from Taipei here in Paris :-(

I had a quick e-mail thread with both support teams (Akamai a LL) about
our case (nomadic IP block). They denied to write anything static to
their redirection system and told me they improved speed of convegence
to their "learning new routes" to not keep old records.

So it seems to me we do not need to open the communication about IP
again in advance, just try to traceroute a bit in advance.

Limelight gave me their IP address: test.vo.llnwd.net
For akamai I use: download.microsoft.com or movies.apple.com

I need to communicate with them about a process of IPv6 redirection.
Seems to me we are also fine, but want to be sure for future.

                     Michal