[ietf83-tech] Why do trunk ports have 'swport access vlan NN' left?

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Sat Mar 24 10:07:08 PDT 2012

Hey,

why configuring a monitor port again to debug that RA problem I seem
to be seeing here still I notcied that there's a swport access vlan 48
on the port to the AP?   Why is that?  It looks wrong.

sw-noc#sh run int gigabitEthernet 0/12
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 384 bytes
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/12
  description ap131
  switchport access vlan 48
  switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
  switchport trunk allowed vlan 1,7,8,16,32,80,96,112
  switchport mode trunk
  ip access-group killDHCPservers in
  ipv6 traffic-filter v6_Access_IN in
  snmp trap mac-notification change added
  snmp trap mac-notification change removed
  spanning-tree portfast trunk
end

wej is checking for other exmaples, I'll make him follow-up in case
there are more.

--
          Stop bit received. Insert coin for new address family.