[ietf83-tech] not a complain... just an observation... wow this is painful

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Sat Mar 24 15:36:57 PDT 2012

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012, Karen O'Donoghue wrote:

> So... thank you for that ietf-hotel wireless network...
> Too bad you can't do anything about their wireless infrastructure...
>
> Wow... this is painful...
>
> 187 packets transmitted, 127 packets received, 32.1% packet loss
> round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 16.871/2347.235/5478.532/1264.639 ms
>
> Maybe I should just go to bed...
> Karen

My comment in a lonley jabber room ....

:: Can we take over the wired network int he hotel please?   Otherwise
:: I'll sleep in the Terminal room tomorrow.

We also got a ticket ont the hotel wifi by now.

> P.S. And just in case anyone thinks I'm complaining and expect it to be
> fixed...
> I'm not ... this is just an observation and a point of reference ...

It's been better and worse the last hours actually, so you can almost
do an anlysis when a batch of people returned from dinner.  Hmm, now I
wonder if I should have privacy concerncs and report to the EU so that
all hotels will fix their wifi;-)

/bz

--
          Stop bit received. Insert coin for new address family.