[ietf83-tech] not a complain... just an observation... wow this is painful

Chris Elliott chelliot at pobox.com
Sat Mar 24 16:19:16 PDT 2012

On Mar 24, 2012, at 11:36 PM, "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Mar 2012, Karen O'Donoghue wrote:
>
>> So... thank you for that ietf-hotel wireless network...
>> Too bad you can't do anything about their wireless infrastructure...
>>
>> Wow... this is painful...
>>
>> 187 packets transmitted, 127 packets received, 32.1% packet loss
>> round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 16.871/2347.235/5478.532/1264.639 ms
>>
>> Maybe I should just go to bed...
>> Karen
>
> My comment in a lonley jabber room ....
>
> :: Can we take over the wired network int he hotel please?   Otherwise
> :: I'll sleep in the Terminal room tomorrow.

As Karen knows, there's issues with wired in the rooms. It's integrated through the TV set-top boxes and multiple services run over it. I don't think we can take it over and I'm not sure that tying it to the IETF net would solve any problems.

> We also got a ticket ont the hotel wifi by now.

Bjoern--please restate. Is there a ticket in with the hotel?

Jim and I had a discussion with Laurant (Hotel IT) about the likelihood of a problem and what could be done. It's likely that we can't do anything until Monday, but I think we should call Laurant tomorrow morning.

Bob Hinden caught me in the lobby and suggested we send out a message to the attendees explaining the state of ietf-hotel.